Friday, October 29, 2010

My Luv for the DJ

This past Thursday my organization at Columbia College hosted a DJ Panel. I presented this idea in the summer and they were all for it.

Before the panel discussion started one of the speakers (DJ MoonDawg of The Aphilliates) asked what made me put that particular panel together... It wasn't something I had to think about and I gave him the short version.... But here it goes.

I always FEEL the DJ. But it's rare that I HEAR the DJ. Club nights, music hits heavy...and I can feel the bass in my chest, but what is the DJ saying at that point? I wanted to know how the DJ felt when he/she is on the radio, in the clubs, spinning for the rapper/singer. I wanted to know how they felt about the trends in the industry. Was being a DJ becoming more difficult for them due to industry changes, technology changes, genre changes. I was curious and I wanted to know these things. Dear DJs, I hear you now.



RaeStar

No comments:

Post a Comment