Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Debbie Allen





So Debbie Allen came to speak at my school (Columbia College) last night! And I'll tell you like this... she is one of the most inspirational, honest, motivating, fun person I have ever heard speak. One thing she emphasized is being aware of whats going on in the world and knowing how it affects you... whether it be in your personal life or from a business stand point. She asked what will my art be about? Will it be about me? Or will it be something that that is groundbreaking, life changing? Who will it make a difference for?

Debbie Allen has done so much in her life time! If you don't know you should definitely so your research! This woman just made 60 and doesn't look a day over 45!... and can still do some twists and turns... I'm telling you...she started to do the "Jerk"... lol Amazing! I mean she kept it real ya'll... it was like no holds barred! I remember laughing at a lot of what she said... then getting tuned in with my emotions when she spoke of her struggle... where she came from and what she had to go through to get to where she is. She is perceived to be fearless but she was asked what is that she does fear? "I fear hate, and what it can do to people" is what she responded. I remember someone yelling from the audience "God" her response was "Oh no hunny, I don't fear God, I rely on God." AMEN TO THAT DEBBIE!!!

Debbie Allen is a glowing gemstone and I was honored to be in her presence. She is truly motivation for me to continue my journey!

RaeStar

No comments:

Post a Comment