Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tuesday Slam-KL's Slam Back

KL's SLAM BACK!!!

As hard as I've fallen I never hit the ground
A bungy gripped my ankle, bound by the spirals in your hair.
Yet... you did not fall from the highest clifts of ignorance, judgement, shattered moments, heartache and painsaking tears.
Even after that one night under a southern lit sky that changed a love affair with a man I thought I'd marry for three years.
It was never too much for you to take in.
Never too much to transfer from my heart through a pen
To the spiral bound confession booth of sins.
Down in the depths of my soul I felt that I had a friend with potential benefits
A Beethoven classic mixed with a 90s R&B hit.
It hits.
A homie lover friend.
And it hits everytime I think about what tomorrow may bring.
Leaping up through the clouds and
Reaching an altitude of maximum, turning and twisting back down.
But I'm not scared,
I think to myself right before I hit The ground
Because regardless of the end result in my words I have been found.
And that in itself is my success.

-Ms.K"L"
Follow Ms K"L"s journey www.twitter.com/klthewriter
Besure to check the blog http://kldotcom.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment